It is important that parents speak frankly and often with students about all aspects of online activity.
Children should be restricted in their use of social media and should be encouraged to report concerning online behaviour that makes them feel uncomfortable to a trusted adult or thorugh the anonymous ERASE|REPORT tool at:
Caution should be used if children have access to Youtube at home or on their mobile devices. Parents should consider installing child-friendly content blockers on their home computers and devices to which their children have access.
Many streaming apps such as Netflix have "Kid Friendly" funtions that can be turned on tot allow children to browse and stream videos without being exposed to inapropriate content.
Here is a list of some approved Youtube channels:
- Ryan ToysReview: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGJGhZ9SOOHvBB0Y4DOO_w
- Blippi: https://www.youtube.com/user/BlippiVideos
- The Axel Show: https://www.youtube.com/user/theaxelshowadventure
- CookieSwirlC: https://www.youtube.com/user/CookieSwirlC
- Toys Unlimited https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzIdYMdAtTsWucGCZyZvN6w
- Peppa Pig –Official Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialpeppa