Please make the ADR Staff aware of any life-threatening medical condition your child might have which may require Emergency Intervention, by completing and returning the Medical Alert & Medication Form (see downloadable files below) as soon as possible.
Please provide personal information on your child including their diagnosis and the name of your doctor.
HOUSING LONG-TERM PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS AT ADR:
AD Rundle Staff do NOT administer non-prescription medications to students under any circumstance.
If your child has a medical condition that makes it necessary for him/her to take prescription medication at school on a regular basis, the following forms must be completed and returned to the school:
1. Medical Alert Form:
- Please provide personal information on your child including their diagnosis and the name of your doctor.
- In the section regarding what to do if your child has an “attack” at school, please complete this if your child has a condition where this could occur. For example, a child who has epilepsy, severe allergies, diabetes or asthma.
- Please sign at the bottom of the first page if you are requesting medication to be given at school.
2. Request for Administration of Medication at School:
- If your physician has recommended medication to be taken at school either on a regular basis or on an emergency basis please have the physician complete and sign Section A on this page.
- Section B is to be completed by the parent/guardian.
- If your doctor has recommended the use of an EpiPen for your child’s allergies please check off that box and then sign and date the bottom section of the page.
Once you have completed this form please return it to your school as soon as possible. School administration will review the information and develop a safety plan for your child. If you have any questions please call the school at 604.792.4257